3/16/10

8. URI Library


8. Ricky Gagnon

Smile

Acrylic paint on wood and canvas with assemblage
About the Work
As a 50-something person I have had my fair share of life's ups and downs just like most people, however I always try to remain grateful for the good things I have in my life on a daily basis. That is why I create my art every day because it transports me to a place of total happiness which I express using my very active imagination, my sense of humor, my love of color and my eclectic mix of bric-a-brac.

Have you smiled today? I hope you have now.

About the Artist
Ricky Gagnon is a self-taught artist who is a Rhode Island native. He studied mechanical drawing and architecture at Tollgate High School and Community College of Rhode Island. While creating art since childhood he began to focus on his painting when he bought an old beach house in Riverside Rhode Island in 1998 and started a ten year rehab project to restore the house to a 50's / 60's era decor. He created amusement park themed art pieces for every room. His house is also his studio which looks like a fun house gift shop crossed with Ripley's “believe it or not museum” and a Christmas light display. He spends all of his free time painting there with his two dogs Wanda and Lenny. To check out his art and house go to www.RickyGagnon.com

No comments: