6/13/10

5. Two Brothers Beauty Supply, Eddy Street


Adam R. Thime

Untitled, 2009

Latex on poplar plywood


About the Work
Finding inspiration in street art and murals, I set out to create a work that drew from these interests while utilizing my personal style and techniques. The cross-hatched patterning employed in this painting is something I have explored and developed over the last few years. I create a jumble of seemingly random lines that come together to produce an overall unified image. Capturing a sense of randomness, when there is nothing random about it, while maintaining the flowing movement of the design through the entire work, has always been my ultimate goal. The large scale and bright colors of the painting were essential: I want the viewer to be absorbed by this painting, maybe even overwhelmed by it. I feel as though this piece has found a good home for the summer here on the streets of downtown Providence.


About the Artist

Adam R. Thime is a 2009 graduate of Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. He graduated with a degree in studio art and a second degree in biology. Since finishing at Wheaton a year ago, he spent eight months working for the Cape Cod National Seashore in North Truro, Massachusetts. He is currently living in Marlborough, Connecticut and working for the Department of Environmental Protection Inland Fisheries Division.

No comments: